Friday, October 26, 2007

vegas, baby

If you're wondering why I've been so quiet on the blogging front lately, the answer is simple: I was too busy shirking all responsibility, abandoning bottle feedings and nap schedules, drinking pina coladas in the middle of the afternoon, and essentially doing what I wanted when I wanted in the one place to do it best: Las Vegas.

Don't get me wrong---Reid and I were pretty apprehensive about leaving Sadie for 4 days. Even though we trust Gramma Lo-Lo unfalteringly, the days leading up to our vacation were filled with worry and dread. So we made a 5-page list of tips, tricks, schedules, and emergency phone numbers, and discovered that our anxiety evaporated the minute we boarded the plane. (A margarita or two didn't hurt, either.)

And...it was AMAZING. Blissful. Relaxing. Spontaneous. Romantic. Decadent. Impulsive. Rejuvenating. Liberating. Exhausting. Need I say more? We missed our baby girl like crazy, but 10 picture mails a day got us through.

So, if you're those parents (like us), who call each other 'mommy' and 'daddy' long after the little one has gone to bed, maybe you need a weekend in Vegas too---or just a night away at the closest Hampton Inn. It's worth every dollar lost at the craps table, believe me.

(insert picture that I did not take even though I brought the camera)

Hey, what can I say? I didn't carry a purse---let alone a diaper bag---for a change. Viva las vegas!

No comments: