Sunday, September 19, 2010

growth spurt

Yesterday morning I asked Sadie what she'd like for breakfast. 

"Oh mommy, I'm REALLY hungry today.  I want a blueberry waffle.  And cheesy eggs.  And toast and sausage.  And a smoothie."

So what's a mom to do?  I mean, if the kid's that hungry, fine--but I didn't want to prepare a bunch of food that would end up in the garbage disposal.  So I decided to phase her requests in, like a 4-course breakfast. 

Halfway through the waffle I started scrambling eggs and blending a smoothie.  Halfway through the eggs I microwaved the "sausage", but she's already asking for ANOTHER egg.  The final tally ended up at one frozen blueberry waffle, 2 eggs with cheese, a soy sausage patty, a glass of soy milk, and a strawberry-banana smoothie.  I had to draw the line at toast--there's just no way anyone needs 1000 calories at breakfast, growth spurt or not.  When I finally went over to collect her empty plate all I could say was, "Wow Sadie.  Wow."

"I thought you'd be impressed." was her reply.  Indeed!

1 comment:

Beema said...

Whew! So, what did she have for lunch?? 8)