Wednesday, January 02, 2008

happy 2008

Now that the holiday madness is subsiding, I hope to have more time to keep this blog updated. Let's not call it a "resolution", though---I already have enough of those, not the least of which involves losing that last 10 pounds of baby weight before our trip to Mexico. (And if the past almost-eleven months is any indicator, I'll be sipping margaritas in the sun, toes in sand, before I know it. Yikes! Off to the gym!)

With 2008 comes the realization that baby girl is not-so-baby anymore (although I guess I knew that for a while now), and the big ONE YEAR BIRTHDAY is right around the corner. Forty days around the corner, to be exact. For people such as ourselves who like to organize and host a good party, the pressure is on. Since there won't be any ponies or bouncy houses for the under 1 set, I think I'll focus instead on the cake and balloons. LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS OF BALLOONS. They're Sadie's favorite thing du jour. We may have to rent a helium tank to get the desired effect, of course...

Being the savvy reader that you are, you've probably noticed the lack of pictures as of late. I assure you there are hundreds---of Thanksgiving, Christmas, and all of December---that I just can't get to at the moment. It appears we've lost the battery charger for our camera. I take this as a sign to get a new camera, of course, since I never liked the photos our Canon S70 produced anyway. Terrible low-light and indoor pics, with a flash that totally overexposes the subject. Obviously it CAN'T be user error, right? Right? Well, if you can recommend a good, compact point-and-shoot camera with manual options and a high ISO for low-light settings, let me know. Perhaps it will make a nice first birthday present for some lucky little girl...

Happy New Year, everyone!

3 comments:

ookimo said...

We just got the Sony H-9 for xmas. It's super fab...and it has everything you could ever want in a non-slr camera. + it has a groovy infared setting! feels like i'm a secret agent! i'll post some new year's pics soon on ookimo. We figured it was the first thing we needed for baby.

ookimo said...

check it out here...
http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&productId=20005011
got ours at Best Buy. oh yeah, it's really lightweight too! can you tell that i REALLY like this camera?!

K*Funk said...

Happy 2008 to you, too!!!
And if you find a good camera, let us know, b/c we are in the market too! Must capture baby in good light!